There are seven key megatrends driving the future of enterprise IT. You can remember them all with the helpful mnemonic acronym CAMBRIC, which stands for Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Mobility, Big Data, Robotics, Internet of Things, CyberSecurity. All these trends are tracked at our sister site CTOvision.
In this post we dive deeper into the trend of enhanced Cybersecurity.
We can make a prediction with absolute certainty: In the future, cybersecurity will be like watching a rodeo. Sometimes the rider will ride and sometimes the rider will be thrown.
Cybersecurity is especially important because of the newfound complexity arising in our systems. All the megatrends we listed above point to dramatically enhanced complexity. And all indications are that tricking future systems will become easier not harder. Bottom line here: No organization should think they can handle their security needs by themselves. We will all need help.
A snapshot of the trend right now indicates:
- Some of humanity’s greatest thinkers, business leaders and computer scientists have struggled to enhance cyber security. Their approaches are not working.
- Cybersecurity will have to advance or none of these other technologies will be optimized.
- Cybersecurity is especially important because of the newfound complexity arising in our systems.
- Behavioral analytics is seen as a promising approach to enhancing our response
Open questions decision-makers should track include:
- Is humanity sleepwalking into a preventable catastrophe?
- Will it be easier to trick future systems?
- Will any organization be able to defend itself without help?
- What is the role of behavioral analytics?
For more on all these trends see our white paper titled: CAMBRIC: The Seven Megatrends Creating The Future Of Information Technology