This is a list of tools we recommend for quick assessments of your security posture and for enhancing your overall defense:
- Qualys BrowserCheck: Performs a security analysis of browsers and plugins and runs several system checks.
- Qualys FreeScan: A free tool for detecting security vulnerabilities in web applications and finding malware infections and threats in websites.
- WICAR.org: Designed to test the correct operation of your anti-virus / anti-malware software
- SANS Browser Plugin Detector: Attempts to assess various browser plugins (with a focus on Adobe)
- VirusTotal.com: Analyzes suspicious files and URLs for quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans and all kinds of malware.
- FCC Small Business Cyber Planner: Helping create policies and plans for business use.