In North America, 20% of All Data Breach Incidents Are in the F&B Industry

Trustwave released the 2017 Trustwave Global Security Report which reveals the top cybercrime, data breach and security threat trends from 2016. The report demonstrates both good and bad news in the world of cybersecurity as intrusion detection and breach containment times were relatively better, but other threats like malvertisements became cheaper and malicious spam saw […]

Data Breach Costs Drop Globally But Increase in US

The average cost per data breach is now $3.62 million worldwide, marking a 10% drop from the $4 million average cost-per-breach in 2016. This marks the first time data breach cost has decreased overall since IBM created its Cost of Data Breach report, which was published June 20. The good news unfortunately doesn’t apply to everyone: […]

Report lays out cybersecurity risks

Researchers delved into 2016 cybersecurity threats and found the length of time between detection and intrusion is now 80 days; that is up from 41 days in 2015. The good news is that once security threats are detected, it’s much easier to contain the problems. For instance, the average containment time was 2.5 days from […]

IT Executives Balance Tech Budget between Agile & Stable Initiatives, while Security Remains an Overall Focus

CIO from IDG — the executive-level tech media brand providing insight into business technology leadership — releases the 2017 CIO Tech Poll: Economic Outlook research highlighting tech spending patterns. As digital transformation continues to fuel tech growth, this study confirms that tech executives are managing multiple modes of IT delivery (66%). Read about the new 2017 […]

Cyber attacks: Small businesses ‘particularly at risk’

Small businesses are particularly at risk from cyber attacks because they do not – or cannot – spend enough on defences and often run old software, experts have warned. A report by Juniper Research found that the average SME will spend less than $4,000 (£3,130) on cyber security this year, despite recent high-profile attacks. Read about […]

Report predicts banks to get €4.7bn fines in first 3 years under GDPR

A new report is “conservatively” forecasting that European finance organisations are about to shell out  €4.7 billion in first three years after the GDPR comes into power thanks to data breaches which they don’t currently have to declare. Read about the new report by AllClear ID which reveals that financial institutions may face €4.7bn fines in first […]

Disruptive Technology Ups Cyber Security Threats: Study

A study by software major Wipro has revealed that disruptive technology had led to a dramatic increase in cyber security threats all over the world. “Number of records stolen the world over rose 53.6 per cent in 2016 from 2015 due to disruptions in the cyber security domain,” said the company’s maiden study on ‘State of […]

IoT Spending to Approach $1.4 Trillion in 2021

This year, the spending on the Internet of Things (IoT) is poised to hit $800 billion worldwide, a 16.7 percent increase over 2016, predicts technology research firm IDC. In 2021, that figure will nearly reach $1.4 trillion. In 2017, increased demand for industrial IoT solutions and services will help lift the overall market. Read about the […]

Threat intelligence fails to deliver on its promise

A new study by the Information Security Forum (ISF), an independent authority on cyber security and information risk management, reveals that threat intelligence isn’t delivering the expected business objectives. Read about the new study by Information Security Forum (ISF) which reveals that 82 percent members surveyed have a threat intelligence capability, with the remaining 18 percent planning […]

57% of executives trust AI security systems ‘as much or more than’ humans

Enterprises are turning to artificial intelligence (AI) to fight a growing cyber threat landscape, according to the 2017 Executive Application & Network Security Survey from security firm Radware. Read about the new report called  2017 Executive Application & Network Security Survey by Radware which reveals that nearly half the executives surveyed trust AI security systems […]